I was on the internet the other day and came across the Allianz Roadside Assist page www.allianz.com.au/roadside-assistance/ This started me thinking what is the most common call outs they get in summer and how can they be prevented?
The number 1
Vehicle overheating just imagine 40 deg outside the family is packed to go the the beach and bang you are stuck on the side of the road waiting for Allianz, RAC or the tow truck to take you home because you didn’t check your cooling system checked.
2) Battery’s, with the hotter weather the under bonnet temperatures put more load on the battery and in allot of cases pushes them over the edge. Autorite sell more battery’s in Summer than winter.
3) Flat tyres well they can happen any time but are never fun to change in 40 deg heat
4) Starter motor faults, most starter motors will fault when they are hot, some times they will restart when they have cooled down if you are lucky
5) Running out of fuel always a good one, you only have yourself to blame
So to help prevent a summer break down regular servicing is the key. Check out our website www.autorite.com.au/services/ for more info
Fun motoring facts
- 165,000 cars are produced every day
- The average car is made up of over 30,000 parts
- 92% of new cars sold in Brazil use ethanol fuel that is made up from sugar cane
- 75% of cars that Rolls Royce have ever produced are still on the road today
- Up to 80% of cars are recyclable
We till next time signing out
Darren the blogger